Graduate Composite Materials Engineer – Technical Support
||Graduate Composite Materials Engineer – Technical Support
||Newport, Isle of Wight (UK)
||Composite Materials – Technical Support Manager
|Hours of Work:
||08:30 – 17:00 (Weekdays)
Gurit globally delivers composite materials, engineering, processing tools and equipment as well as parts and solutions to a world-class customer list. We work alongside long standing customers in the markets of Transportation, Marine and Wind with continued focus on emerging markets and product development. It is this focus that enables us to continue to deliver the future of composite materials.
Our graduate programme provides the opportunity to train to become a Technical Support Engineer specialising in composite materials. During your graduateship you will be exposed to a variety of departments and have the opportunity to own and run small projects whilst working alongside the current team. The Graduate Technical Support role is ideal for a keen and proactive individual seeking to begin a career in the Composite Materials industry.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the Gurit business, its market areas and technologies.
- Complete individual training modulus within the initial three month basic training period.
- Complete practical training periods within material production and prototyping sections of Gurit.
- Work with Technical Support Engineers on a variety of projects.
- Complete individual Technical Support projects. Present findings of each project in a technical report and presentation.
Skills and Experience
- Degree level qualification in engineering or other physical science (essential).
- Composite materials technical expertise within the wind energy or marine markets (desirable).
- The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills.
- Ability to analyse, review and report information in a concise and understandable format.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to manage own workload within given deadlines.
- You may be required to travel within Europe and internationally to visit customers, supplier sites and other Gurit facilities.
All applicants will be required to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.